Game Notes l Listen Live l Live Stats | Watch Live
PHILADELPHIA - Santa Claus will be in attendance to greet fans on Wednesday, Dec. 18 when Temple men's basketball hosts Texas Southern at 7:00 p.m. in the Liacouras Center. The contest between the Owls (4-4) and the Tigers (3-7) will be be shown live on ESPN3.
• Temple and Texas Southern will be meeting for the first time in the history of the two programs.
• The Owls had won three straight games before falling narrowly in overtime to Texas, 81-80 on Dec. 7 at the Wells Fargo Center.
• Anthony Lee recorded career highs in points (23) and rebounds (14) vs. Texas, notching his third consecutive double-double and fifth of the season.
• Lee's fourth double-double of the season came in the win vs. Saint Joseph's (15 points/11 rebounds), and he scored seven of those points in the final 2:09 to seal the win.
• Will Cummings and Quenton DeCosey have both scored in double figures in all eight games this season.
• Texas Southern has won only once in its last eight games, a 63-54 victory vs. Howard on Nov. 26 at the Legends Classic.
• Graduate student Aaric Murray averages 22.2 points per game to lead the Tigers, while he and junior Jose Rodriguez (14.9 ppg) average 6.9 and 6.7 rebounds per game, respectively.
• Murray was a two-year starter at La Salle before transferring to West Virginia and then to Texas Southern...He averaged 15.2 points per game and 7.7 rebounds per game as a sophomore at La Salle in 2010-11.