Temple men's soccer hosts Tulsa on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. for Senior Day. Five seniors, Jonah Williams
, Willie Chalfant
, Bobby Rosato
, Dan Scheck
and Chas Wilson
, will look to win in their final home game at Ambler Sports Complex. They will be honored before the game with a special ceremony, and family members and friends will escort them onto the pitch one final time.HEADLINES
- Temple is 2-11-2, 1-4-1 with two games left for the 2014 season. The Owls lost on the road to UConn 3-1 on Wednesday.
- Sophomore defender Stefan Mueller scored his first collegiate goal in the match that tied the score up in the second half.
- 12 underclassmen have started a game for Temple. 17 total underclassmen have appeared in a game.
- Five freshmen have started at least eight games for the Owls: midfielder Felipe Liborio (14 games), midfielder Miguel Polley (13), defender Mark Grasela (10), midfielder Brendon Creed (eight), and forward Olli Tynkkynen (10).
- Liborio scored his first collegiate goal last Saturday at Cincinnati.
- Senior goalkeeper Dan Scheck is currently third in career goals allowed average (1.02) behind Jeff Kraft's (1977-80) and Tony Pratico (2004-07), ninth in career saves (185) and fourth in career wins (16).
- Sophomore defender Robert Sagel has played all 1,431 minutes of the season. Sophomore defender Matt Mahoney is second in minutes played with 1,355.
- Junior forward/midfielder Jared Martinelli is tied for seventh in career assists with 18.
- Sagel, Scheck and Martinelli were selected to the Preseason All-American Athletic Conference Team. Scheck was voted by the coaches as the Preseason Goalkeeper of the Year.
- Temple was predicted to finish fifth in the conference by the preseason coaches' poll.
- Tulsa comes into the game with a 8-5-1, 5-1-1 record. The Hurricanes have two straight games and five of their past six. They defeated Memphis 2-0 last Friday and #24 SMU this Wednesday at home.
- The Hurricanes were picked to finish third in the preseason conference poll.
- Sophomore midfielder Ray Saari leads the team with five goals and 12 points.
- Senior forward Akeil Barrett has scored four goals in seven games. The preseason all-conference pick has missed the past seven games.
- Senior forward Austin Neil leads the team with five assists and has scored three goals.
- Sophomore Jake McGuire has been the primary starting goalkeeper. McGuire has a 5-4-1 record, 1.24 goals allowed average and .759 save percentage. Three of his five wins have been shutouts.
- This is the first ever meeting between the two schools. Tulsa officially became a member of the American Athletic Conference this year.
| Live Stats
| Live Video