Live Stats | Game Notes
This weekend Temple heads to Ithaca, N.Y. for the Cornell Classic. Temple's first match will be against St. Bonaventure on Friday at 4:00 p.m. Temple concludes the classic against host Cornell Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
The win at Drexel last Sunday set the best start in program history. The program has not had a five-game winning streak since the 2000 Temple women's soccer team posted five straight victories. With a 5-0 record, Temple women's soccer holds the best start in program history, and also is one win away from tying the longest winning streak in program history which was set by the 1991 and 1995 women's soccer teams.
Check out the links above for live stats, game notes, and some video footage of Head Coach Seamus O'Connor
, and key offensive contributors.Headlines
• With a 5-0 record, Temple women's soccer holds the best start in program history, and is one win away from tying the longest winning streak in program history which was set by the 1991 and 1995 women's soccer teams.
• Temple's Shauni Kerkhoff
was named the American Athletic Conference Goalkeeper of the Week after her performance in a 3-0 win at Rider last Friday and a 3-2 win at Drexel Sunday. This is the second week in a row that Kerkhoff received this award.
• Temple defeated Drexel 3-2 on Sunday afternoon and claims its spot as best start in program history. The Owls improved to 5-0, while Drexel dropped to 1-4. The win breaks the all-time best start in program history of 4-0 set by last year's team. The program has not had a five-game winning streak since the 2000 team posted five straight victories.
• Temple defeated Rider 3-0 on the road at Ben Cohen Field on Friday night. The Owls continued their hot streak and improved to 4-0 while Rider dropped to 2-2.
• St.?Bonaventure comes in with a record of 2-3-1. Last weekend, the Bonnies went 0-1-1, losing Friday at Akron 3-1, and concluding the weekend with a 0-0 double overtime tie against Robert Morris Sunday.
• The Owls hold a 9-7-4 all-time record against the Bonnies. The teams' last matchup was on Oct. 5, 2012 at St. Bonaventure, which resulted in a 1-0 victory for St. Bonaventure.
• Cornell comes in with a record of 2-0. Cornell was on the road last weekend. The Big Red played the University of Massachusetts on Friday, which resulted in a 1-0 double overtime victory, and concluded the trip at Marist College Sunday with another 1-0 victory. This will be the first meeting in program history between the Owls and Big Red.
• Tournament Info: Game 1: Temple vs. St. Bonaventure, 4 p.m. Friday; Game 2: VMI at Cornell, 7 p.m. Friday; Game 3: VMI vs. St. Bonaventure, 1 p.m. Sunday; Game 4: Temple at Cornell, 3 p.m. Sunday.
• The tournament format will award three points for a victory, one point for a draw and no points for a loss. The order of tiebreakers to declare a champion are head-to-head result, goals scored, then goal differential.
• Charles F. Berman Field will be the site for all games. It's a natural surface.
• An all-tournament team of 11 players will be announced by 6 p.m. Sunday. It will consist of three forwards, three midfielders, three defenders, one goalie, plus another player of any position.