The women's tennis team continued on a five-match winning streak after taking down Fairleigh Dickinson, 6-1.
The Owls clinched the doubles point, after a default and a 6-4 win at the second flight by Monet Stuckey-Willis
and Rebecca Breland
over FDU's Nicole Chis and Shreya Pasricha.
In singles play, the Owls continued their strong playing. Yana Khon
, who was out with an ankle injury for the past few matches, clinches a 6-0, 6-1 win at the fifth flight over Alex Bryant. Minami Okajima
also picked up a win at the fourth flight, defeating Krachok, 6-4, 6-3, while Alina Abdurakhimova
picked up her 16th
victory of the season in a 7-5, 6-1 win at the first flight over Chis. Dina Karina
battled in the third flight against Gisela Castany, taking the set in a 2-6, 6-1, 10-6 victory.
"It was a good win for the women today. We were strong in flights one through five, and Abdurakhimova had another strong performance," said head coach Steve Mauro
. "It was also great to see Khon win her set in straight-sets coming off of an ankle injury. We're really looking forward to our match against La Salle tomorrow."
The Owls (17-6, 0-4 The American) will close out their season tomorrow against the Explorers at 10 a.m. at TU Pavilion.Temple 6, Fairleigh Dickinson 1
1) Castany/Krachok (FDU) def. Abdurakhimova/Karina (TU), 6-2
2) Stuckey-Willis/Breland (TU) def. Chis/Pasricha (FDU), 6-4
3) Bedon/Okajima (TU), by defaultSingles:
1) Abdurakhimova (TU) def. Chis (FDU), 7-5, 6-1
2) Pasticha (FDU) def. Stuckey-Willis (TU), 6-4, 6-3
3) Karina (TU) def Castany (FDU), 2-6, 6-1, 10-6
4) Okajima (TU) def. Krachok (FDU), 6-4, 6-3
5) Khon (TU) def. Bryant (FDU), 6-0, 6-1
6) Bedon (TU), by defaultOrder of Finish