-- The Temple women's basketball team looks for their sixth-straight win on Friday night, hosting conference-foe Houston at home at McGonigle Hall. The game will tip-off at 7:00 p.m. on ESPN3, with Dave Leno (play-by-play) and Julianne Viani (analyst) on the call. The Owls
• Temple is 16-7 overall, 10-2 in The American, having won five-straight games.
• Last time out, Temple led buzzer-to-buzzer against Cincinnati, picking up a 74-49 victory on the road.
• Temple finished the game out-shooting and out-rebounding Cincinnati, while turning the ball over just four times, a season-low.
• Alliya Butts
led four players in double figures for Temple, scoring 22 points and adding five rebounds. Erica Covile
notched her third-straight double-double with 11 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
• Tanaya Atkinson
(16 points, 7 rebounds), Donnaizha Fountain
(13 points), and Feyonda Fitzgerald
(7 points, 4 assists) rounded out the box score.
• For the year, Butts leads the Owls with 15.9 points per game, while grabbing 66 total steals. Fitzgerald is second with 13.5 points per game, averaging a team-high 5.0 assists per game.
• Atkinson averages 11.7 points and 5.9 rebounds per contest, while Covile (9.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg) and Fountain (9.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg) bolster the Owls on both ends of the floor.
• As a team, Temple is averaging 69.3 points per game, holding opponents to 61.2 points an outing.The Cougars
• Houston enters Friday's game with a 5-18 overall mark, 1-11 in conference play.
• The Cougars have a balanced offense with seven different players averaging 5.9 or more points per game.
• Serithia Hawkins leads the team with 8.2 points and 7.3 assists per game.
• Marche' Amerson is second in the team in scoring with 7.8 points per contest, while Alecia Smith (7.6 ppg), and Kierra Graves (7.2 ppg) also aid the offense.
• Last time out, Houston fell on the road to Tulsa, 44-28.
• Jacqueline Blake scored a career-high 12 points, while Serithia Hawkins matched a career-best with 12 rebounds.Temple vs. Houston
• Temple owns the all-time series against Houston, 5-0, all regular-season conference games.
• In their last meeting, the Owls won 75-66 at Houston on January 2.•
Temple led through the first 34 minutes, but trailed by three points (60-57) with under six to play. From there, Fitzgerald and sophomore Alliya Butts
hit consecutive threes to regain the lead, and Temple closed out the win with Fitzgerald hitting seven free throws.•
Fitzgerald scored a game-high 23 points, all coming in the second half, while Butts ended her afternoon with 20 points, five steals, and four rebounds. Erica Covile
had 17 points, six boards and two blocks in the Owls' win.•
For Houston, Chyanne Butler had 14 points for Houston, while Serithia Hawkins had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Kierra Graves (12 points), and Mariah Mitchell (11 points, 9 rebounds) aided the Houston offense. Follow• Watch Live on ESPN3
• Live StatsGame Notes (PDF)?