-- The Temple women's basketball team will close out the regular season at home on Monday, hosting UCF at 7:00 p.m. at McGonigle Hall. The game is being broadcast live by the American Digital Network, and will serve as senior day for graduate student Ugo Nwaigwe
, senior Erica Covile
, and senior managers Shannon Haviland.The Owls
• Temple is 18-10 overall, 12-5 in The American.
• The Owls fell on the road, 76-62, at #21/20 USF on Saturday, in a battle for second place.
• The teams were separated by just 2.4% in shooting percentage for the game, but it was the Bulls' 49-35 rebounding advantage that gave them the edge.
• Feyonda Fitzgerald
led the Owls with 16 points, seven assists, seven boards, and three steals.
• Tanaya Atkinson
finished with 15 points and five rebounds, while Donnaizha Fountain
had 12 points and seven boards. Alliya Butts
chipped in with 11 points in the loss.
• For the year, Butts leads the Owls with 15.8 points per game, while grabbing 75 total steals. Fitzgerald is second with 13.5 points per game, averaging a team-high 5.3 assists per game.
• Atkinson averages 12.1 points and 6.6 rebounds per contest, while Covile (9.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg) and Fountain (10.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg) bolster the Owls on both ends of the floor.The Knights
• UCF is 7-21 overall, 4-13 in conference play, but have won two-straight games.
• The Knights are well rested, having not competed since a 65-62 win against Houston on February 23.
• Against Houston, UCF connected for seven threes, but saw a 13-point lead trimmed to just one possession in the fourth quarter. However, the Knights sank 5-of-8 free throws to seal the win.
• Aliyah Gregory led all players with 33 points. Joslyn Massey added 10 points while Nyala Shuler led UCF in rebounding with 9 boards.
• For the year, Zykira Lewis averages 14.3 points per game to lead UCF, while Gregory adds 9.5 ppg and Massey contributes 8.4 ppg and 7.3 rpg. Temple vs. UCF
• Temple holds a 5-1 advantage over UCF in the all-time series, including winning five in a row in American Athletic Conference regular season play.
• The Owls topped the Knights in their last meeting, a 71-63 Temple win in Orlando.•
In that game, Temple had a 25-point lead at the break, but saw that advantage shrink to just four points late in the fourth quarter. The Owls were held to (7-31) 22.6% from the field in the second half, but were able to seal the win with key rebounding in the final minute of play. • For Temple,
four players scored in double figures, led by 16 points from Fitzgerald. Butts finished with 11 points, three assists, and three steals, while Tanaya Atkinson
and Fountain each scored 10, with Fountain picking up eight boards.•
The Knights were paced by 16 points from Lewis, while Massey finished with a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds. Follow:• Watch Live (ADN)• Live StatsGame Notes (PDF)