- All fans are encouraged to wear white to support Temple lacrosse as the Owls (9-3, 1-1) host UConn (9-2, 3-0) for their annual "White Out" game on Wednesday, April 13 at 3 p.m. While supplies last, all students in attendance will receive a giveaway duffle bag, and all fans are eligible for a t-shirt giveaway, also while supplies last. Headlines
• The Owls are 9-3 overall and currently receiving consideration in the Nike/Lacrosse Magazine Women's Top 20.
• Most recently, the Owls' defense held Vanderbilt to just three goals in a 7-3 home win on April 9. Temple held the Commodores without a single goal for over 50 minutes to end the game.
• Temple nearly upset #2 Florida on the road in the Owls' BIG EAST opener on April 2. It was an extremely tight game throughout, and Temple fell short by just a single goal, 10-9. Two of the Owls' three losses have come to teams ranked in the IWLCA Top 20 (also #16 Louisville, 8-5 on Feb. 12).
• Temple plays 12 of its 17 regular season games at home this season. The Owls played eight of those in the non-conference season, and plays four of seven league games at home as well.
• The Owls won seven in a row early in the season, their longest win streak in 14 years, before falling 10-4 to Delaware on March 16.
• In its final non-conference game on March 26, Temple recorded an 18-3 blowout win against Cal. Three Owls recorded hat tricks in the win, led by senior Megan Tiernan
with three goals and an assist.
• Senior goalkeeper Jaqi Kakalecik
, who has played every minute in the cage this season for Temple, has been named the BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week twice this season. Her goals-against average of 6.25 ranks fourth among all players in NCAA Division I, while her saves percentage of .500 ranks 16th nationally.
• Temple has won six games by 10 or more goals. The Owls' 19-goal effort in a 19-9 win at UMBC was the most since a 19-3 win over Cincinnati in 2014.
• Seniors Rachel Schwaab
and Megan Tiernan
have combined for an impressive 68 total points this season, leading the way for the Owls' offense. Schwaab has tallied 22 goals and 13 assists, while Tiernan has 22 goals and 11 assists.
• Temple and Kakalecik have held opponents to just 6.25 goals per game, ranking second among all teams in NCAA Division I. The Owls' 12.75 goals per game rank 18th in the nation, while their scoring margin of 6.50 ranks eighth.
• Tiernan has notched five hat tricks already this season, while Schwaab has three. Senior Kirstie Connor
ranks third on the team with 18 goals after recording a hat trick against Florida and another goal vs. Vanderbilt. Junior Morgan Glassford
and senior Brenda McDermott
are tied for fourth in goals with 15, but McDermott's 12 assists give her 27 points to rank third on the team.
• Glassford, twice named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll already this season, has recorded 57 draw controls to lead the Owls and rank in a tie for third all-time in a single season at Temple. Her 4.75 draws per game lead all players in the BIG EAST and rank 12th in the country.
• The Owls are looking to make their first appearance in the BIG EAST Tournament since joining the league as an associate member in 2014. The four-team tournament will be hosted by Georgetown in Washington, D.C. on May 5 and 7.
• The Owls and the Huskies are tied 2-2 in the all-time series, with UConn winning both meetings since the teams have both been in the BIG EAST Conference. The Huskies won 18-6 in Storrs a year ago, and 15-9 in Philadelphia in 2014. Temple's last win was an 11-10 decision in 2006. Watch Live
l Live Stats
l Game Notes