Davidson, N.C. – Redshirt junior Erik Reisner
had his best collegiate round, shooting a four-under 68 on the final day of the River Run Collegiate to help lead the Owls to fifth place among the 13 competing teams. Reisner finished tied for 12th
overall with an even-par 216 while senior Trey Wren
tied for eighth with a one-under 215 to top the Owls at the 54-hole tournament held at the par-72, 7,208-yard River Run Country Club.
Recapping the Day
- Reisner finished his round with four birdies and his 14 pars brought his three-round total to 40 which led the 80-man field.
- Wren, who played even par Tuesday, now has played five of his six rounds of the year at or below par. It was his best finish at a 54-hole tournament since shooting a four-under 209 to tie for fourth at the Georgetown Intercollegiate (10/17-18/16)
- Freshman Conor McGrath carded a three-over 75 for the second straight round to place third on the Owls for the day.
- Redshirt senior John Barone (227, t-38th) and senior Gary McCabe (231, t-51st) shot identical 76s while sophomore Dawson Anders (+9), playing as an individual, tied for 72nd with a 239.
- James Madison (863) won the tournament, besting Furman (864) by one shot. Host Davidson was four strokes back of JMU with an 867.
- Keller Harper (Furman) took home medalist honors with a nine-under 207.
- "Trey had a great three rounds and finished tied for eighth and Erik played really well," said Temple head coach Brian Quinn. "I am really proud of Erik's 68. He played a beautiful round of golf. I am expecting good stuff from him in the future."
- The Owls travel to Akron, Ohio for the Firestone Invitational on Oct. 1-2.